May meet anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

May meet anyone?

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:18 am

Ok folks...just looking into getting the meets up and running again..Smile To avoid clashing with Big Bang, bus types and stanford hall its looking like Sunday the 13th for the first one...how does that sound? Then We should maybe sort out a regular monthly thing so everyone knows where and when.....thoughts please? J Smile

Oh, and whats your prefered venue....I guess it would be handy if everyone could post up their location so We could try and find somewhere central ish maybe as I know We have a few members from further afield now... Smile

Admin
Admin

Posts : 52
Join date : 2011-11-13

View user profile http://eastcoastaircooled.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: May meet anyone?

Post  BERTHA1972 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:08 am

Hi we are from just outside Peterborough and would love to make it along to some of your mets, now we have our Bertha road legal.
Will keep and eye on posting
avatar
BERTHA1972

Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-04-16
Location : Cambridgeshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May meet anyone?

Post  billybong on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:50 am

And I live near Lowestoft Billybong should be MOT'd taxed and insured by then and will be running engine in Mad
avatar
billybong

Posts : 34
Join date : 2012-02-09
Age : 48
Location : somewhere between here and there

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May meet anyone?

Post  Junkyard Jake on Tue May 01, 2012 5:54 pm

I have no venue preference but so far in between Peterborough and Lowestoft looks to be Swaffham/Dereham Suspect
avatar
Junkyard Jake

Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-11-14
Location : Nr Attleborough

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May meet anyone?

Post  Dubs and Classics on Wed May 02, 2012 8:19 am

Having spoke to a couple of members this week it seems the idea of moving the meets around is proving popular, A kind of ECAC on tour if you will......I think it will make things a bit more interesting and be fairer to all parties on how far they have to travel (Personally I dont mind the travelling but the cost of fuel these days may put folks off if its miles away every time...)

To that end, I am suggesting We meet up at West Raynham on the 13th of May, and then a differant venue on the second sunday of every month based on suggestions from club members...

So if you know of a suitable venue out your way put it up here and we can maybe get really organised and get a tour date schedule posted up! I personally don't think it needs to be a pub, anywhere of interest with a bit of parking space??


I will send out a news letter in the next couple of days with this months meet info and the suggestion above so all members can have their say.... Very Happy

Jason
avatar
Dubs and Classics
Admin

Posts : 40
Join date : 2011-11-13
Location : Norfolk

View user profile http://www.dubsandclassics.com

Back to top Go down

Re: May meet anyone?

Post  billybong on Fri May 04, 2012 8:09 am

could someone tell me where the fappin hell is west raynham as i have no nat sav
avatar
billybong

Posts : 34
Join date : 2012-02-09
Age : 48
Location : somewhere between here and there

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May meet anyone?

Post  billybong on Fri May 04, 2012 8:19 am

just binged it and i agree with jake somewhere around swaffham its easy for all then ! and there is plenty of places around there such as McD's or the american diner (old little chef west bound) or the truck stop on way to dereham
avatar
billybong

Posts : 34
Join date : 2012-02-09
Age : 48
Location : somewhere between here and there

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May meet anyone?

Post  Junkyard Jake on Fri May 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Dubs and Classics wrote:Having spoke to a couple of members this week it seems the idea of moving the meets around is proving popular, A kind of ECAC on tour if you will......I think it will make things a bit more interesting and be fairer to all parties on how far they have to travel (Personally I dont mind the travelling but the cost of fuel these days may put folks off if its miles away every time...)

To that end, I am suggesting We meet up at West Raynham on the 13th of May, and then a differant venue on the second sunday of every month based on suggestions from club members...

So if you know of a suitable venue out your way put it up here and we can maybe get really organised and get a tour date schedule posted up! I personally don't think it needs to be a pub, anywhere of interest with a bit of parking space??


I will send out a news letter in the next couple of days with this months meet info and the suggestion above so all members can have their say.... Very Happy

Jason

I think the idea of a touring meet is an excellent one as i love the travelling too, although you are right about the cost of fuel being a constant consideration. My concerns would be that some people may only attend meetings that are close and the club ends up being fragmented. If it is only ever going to be a very casual get together then it doesn't matter and it will be interesting to see where we end up. If on the other hand people wish to take the club more seriously and encourage its growth then I would suggest that a regular venue in the centre of a "determined catchment area" be established. People can then decide for themselves if it is "local" enough for them.
For me i am not fussed but just thinking from different perspectives. alien
avatar
Junkyard Jake

Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-11-14
Location : Nr Attleborough

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May meet anyone?

Post  Admin on Sat May 05, 2012 3:23 am

Junkyard Jake wrote:

I think the idea of a touring meet is an excellent one as i love the travelling too, although you are right about the cost of fuel being a constant consideration. My concerns would be that some people may only attend meetings that are close and the club ends up being fragmented. If it is only ever going to be a very casual get together then it doesn't matter and it will be interesting to see where we end up. If on the other hand people wish to take the club more seriously and encourage its growth then I would suggest that a regular venue in the centre of a "determined catchment area" be established. People can then decide for themselves if it is "local" enough for them.
For me i am not fussed but just thinking from different perspectives. alien

That is a good point about the travelling thing possibly causing fragmentation Jake, and as you say it kind of depends on how serious / casual members want to take it.....I think the way forward for now is try the tour idea and see what it throws up, maybe we will stumble on a venue that gets everyones thumbs up....although We are never going to please everyone so lets see what happens... Smile

I spoke to Mike earler in the week who informs that RAF West Raynham is a bit up in arms at the moment due to a change of ownership so I have made the desicion to hold the first meet on the 13th at the Hollywood Legends American Diner on the A47 Swaffham...as suggested above it looks to be pretty central to the range of members at the moment so lets go for that and take it from there.....if I can work out how to do it I will send out a news letter now....wish me luck Laughing

Admin
Admin

Posts : 52
Join date : 2011-11-13

View user profile http://eastcoastaircooled.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: May meet

Post  blu_n_white_uk on Sat May 05, 2012 4:22 am

Yes, the problem here is that the shop is shut and we have no idea if and when its opening. Anyone is always welcome to come up to the base (at the end of the day it would be like us just having a few friends visiting), but the prob here at the mo is that the liquidators are in charge and we don't quite know where we stand. We are going to ask those in charge if an informal meeting is possible even if we have to provide food and drink ourselves. So if once things are sorted and it' ok with those in charge there may well be the chance of meeting here again as I think the last time was a reasonable success, another option would be to meet up here and have a run to the coast maybe. As far as the 13th goes we will make sure we will be there cos it will be great to catch up with everyone. Mike

blu_n_white_uk

Posts : 6
Join date : 2011-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May meet anyone?

Post  Junkyard Jake on Sat May 05, 2012 5:38 am

Looking forwards to seeing y'all in swaffham bounce
avatar
Junkyard Jake

Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-11-14
Location : Nr Attleborough

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May meet anyone?

Post  billybong on Sat May 05, 2012 7:28 pm

yes billy is now road worthy see you all n 13th cheers
avatar
billybong

Posts : 34
Join date : 2012-02-09
Age : 48
Location : somewhere between here and there

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May meet anyone?

Post  Admin on Sun May 06, 2012 2:55 am

Did you all get the news letter thingy from the forum? Not sure if it worked or not... Question

Admin
Admin

Posts : 52
Join date : 2011-11-13

View user profile http://eastcoastaircooled.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: May meet anyone?

Post  Airwalker88 on Sun May 06, 2012 6:14 am

Admin wrote:Did you all get the news letter thingy from the forum? Not sure if it worked or not... Question

I got it - hopefully the beetle will be back on the road by then and I can get there
avatar
Airwalker88

Posts : 26
Join date : 2012-03-10
Location : North Walsham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May meet anyone?

Post  Admin on Sun May 06, 2012 8:25 am

Airwalker88 wrote:
Admin wrote:Did you all get the news letter thingy from the forum? Not sure if it worked or not... Question

I got it - hopefully the beetle will be back on the road by then and I can get there

Ah, cool..I guessed it worked then.... Smile Smile

Be good to meet you bud, We could do with a few more bugs at the meets... Smile

Admin
Admin

Posts : 52
Join date : 2011-11-13

View user profile http://eastcoastaircooled.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: May meet anyone?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum