Should we look into holding an East Coast show? Ideas please..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should we look into holding an East Coast show? Ideas please..

Post  Dubs and Classics on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:53 pm

Inspired by triple 5's comments on the hello thread, and a few other members talking of arranging a show, I thought it was worthy of a sticky thread..

If anyone has any ideas on what makes a good show, possible venues, dates, or has any other input on this idea, please post away! Smile

Personaly, I agree with triple5 in that it should be a one dayer to start with, and I think we should make it open to all classic vehicles, not just dubs, hot rods etc always make it a bit more interesting.. Cool

Show and shine awards maybe?

Lets here your thoughts folks, its your show if it comes off! Cool

Last edited by Dubs and Classics on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Dubs and Classics
Admin

View user profile http://www.dubsandclassics.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we look into holding an East Coast show? Ideas please..

Post  Junkyard Jake on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:19 am

I have no experience of organising such an event but i'm sure there are a lot of things to make this idea more complicated than just organising a show?
It might be a better idea to start with a one day "MONSTER MEET" in a public space where people can park up together free of charge, Yarmouth sea front for example. With plenty of notice the word can be spread far and wide which would ensure other clubs turning up and bumping the numbers.
This would mean that no one would have the responsibility of raising funds to finance a proper organised show, ie: venue, insurance, printing, St johns ambulance, time spent liaising with local authorities, fire department providing risk assessments and the like.
Having no entry fee may encourage more people to travel out and would give the opportunity to gauge the response. If successful it could then be turned into an annual event and a fund-raising idea could be implemented?
Junkyard Jake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:16 am

Junkyard Jake wrote:
I have no experience of organising such an event but i'm sure there are a lot of things to make this idea more complicated than just organising a show?
It might be a better idea to start with a one day "MONSTER MEET" in a public space where people can park up together free of charge, Yarmouth sea front for example. With plenty of notice the word can be spread far and wide which would ensure other clubs turning up and bumping the numbers.
This would mean that no one would have the responsibility of raising funds to finance a proper organised show, ie: venue, insurance, printing, St johns ambulance, time spent liaising with local authorities, fire department providing risk assessments and the like.
Having no entry fee may encourage more people to travel out and would give the opportunity to gauge the response. If successful it could then be turned into an annual event and a fund-raising idea could be implemented?

Some very valid points there Jake, in particular the insurances etc, and I hadnt even thought about the risk assesment stuff...

I also agree that whatever we do it should be a freebie, therefore anything that needs to be paid for is out the window at this stage really...

The fund raising idea is a goodun as well, and something that I had considered before, it would also have the benefit of being good for publicity of the event / cruise / meet / call it what you will.. if we could get the local newspapers to mention it im sure it would help..

Not that I am anti Yarmouth, but how about somewhere like southwold or that sort of area?

Hmm, plenty to think about here, any other ideas?

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://eastcoastaircooled.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Junkyard Jake on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:18 pm

Admin wrote:
Not that I am anti Yarmouth, but how about somewhere like southwold or that sort of area?
Hmm, plenty to think about here, any other ideas?

Yarmouth was never a suggestion just an example pirat

It would need to be somewhere with plenty of space. Southwold is very popular and therefore gets very busy but i am sure there is a similar location with a front with plenty of parking. If we start causing obstructions then it could spoil the meeting.
Junkyard Jake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Triplefive F on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:37 pm

DOH Embarassed , having looked at a map I now realize that Dubs&Classics country is well 'up country' - and maybe continued support of Skeggie and Whitenoise is more effective than starting anew. I think Jake is right , smaller informal day meets (somewhere on the coast in Summer) could still hook up with other VeeDub clubs.

Still it got the chat going on here did'nt it Very Happy .......JIM.

Triplefive F

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Clacton.......

Post  Triplefive F on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:24 am

VW services are still going and appear to have a dialogue with the Council , so who
knows - a meet on the Prom could well develop , I will keep you posted..JIM.

Triplefive F

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top